www.holmergreen.info is now the community web site and information resource for everyone in Holmer Green. Unlike some other 'Holmer Green' sites it is a genuine local site, run by someone who lives in the Village and not aimed at creating large amounts of revenue from local businesses! www.holmergreen.info is continuously updated to keep it relevant.
- Any ideas on the web site should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Follow our 'What's on in Holmer Green' blog by clicking on this link
Subscribe to Holmer Green Info Visit this group
Lloyds Bank Community Fund award for the Lantern Club
Following voting for this awardf, the Lantern Club are delighted to announce that they won a £3000 grant from Lloyds Bank. They thank all supporters for their votes.
Hazlemere Library Christmas Opening
- · Monday 22 and 29 December 9:30-5:30
- · Tuesday 23 and 30 December 9:30-5:30
- · Wednesdays closed
- · Thursday 25th and Friday 26 December closed
- · Thursday 1st January closed
- · Friday 2nd January 9:30-5:30
- · Normal hours resume from 3rd January
Rennie Grove Hospice Care’s Chilterns Cycle Challenge
Join us on Sunday 22nd March 2015 for the Chilterns Cycle Challenge, which is back for its fifth year and is set to be a great day out in the beautiful Chilterns!
The event will start and finish at Kingsbury Square in Aylesbury and offers a choice of three fantastic routes: 10k, 35 miles or the ultimate challenge of 75 miles.
Registration fees include your Chilterns Cycle Challenge t-shirt, a medal on completion and water on route, and we do ask that you raise as much sponsorship as you can to support the care we provide to local patients and families.
If you sign up before Sunday 30th November 2014 you can benefit from our Early Bird discount:
· Early bird child entry - £7.50 (aged 5-16 incl)
· Early bird adult entry for the 10k route - £15 (aged 17+)
· Early bird adult entry for the 35 mile route - £17 (aged 17+)
· Early bird adult entry for the 75 mile route - £27 (aged 17+)
· Children under 5 - free (registration isn't required)
After this date, registration will increase to:
- Child entry - £10 (aged 5-16 incl)
- Adult entry for the 10k route - £17 (aged 17+)
- Adult entry for the 35 mile route - £20 (aged 17+)
- Adult entry for the 75 mile route - £30 (aged 17+)
- Children under 5 - free (registration isn't required)
Registration and departure for the 75 mile route takes place between 8 and 9 am, for the 35 mile route between 9 and 10 am and those wishing to take part in the 10k ride should register after 10 am before the official start at 11 am.
To find out more about the event and to register, please visit our website www.renniegrove.org/chilternscycle or contact the team on 01442 82074001442 820740.
Rennie Grove Christmas Quiz 2014
The Rennie Grove Hospice Care annual Christmas Quiz in now on sale!
The quiz, written by supporter Derek Jeffries, raises around £1,000 for the charity every year.
It is available to buy from every Rennie Grove charity shops and reception at all Rennie Grove offices and is priced just £1. For a list of where to find your nearest shop please visit www.renniegrove.org/shops.
The theme of this year’s quiz is Birds of a Feather, so all answers to the sixty questions, which may be general knowledge, cryptic or anagrams, are bird related.
Gemma Bateman, Community Fundraiser at Rennie Grove, said: “The Christmas quiz has been running for more than 10 years and people really look forward to challenging themselves to complete it. £20 funds an hour of specialist nursing care in our Day Hospice or in a patient’s home so every pound from the sale of the quiz really does help.”
There is a prize for the winner of Afternoon Tea for Two at St Michaels Manor in St Albans. Closing date for entries is January 5.